Aiming to showcase the skills of students in producing short films and appreciating the value of filmmaking, Mapua University’s School of Media Studies in partnership with Film Arts and Media Enthusiasts (Mapua-FAME) brings CINEMAPÚA Student Short Film Festival 2021.
It is open to all college, senior and junior high school students from all universities, colleges and high schools in the Philippines and the deadline for the submission of entries is on September 30, 2021.
Here is the full list of Contest Guidelines for CINEMAPÚA 2021.
Poster by Cath Maguica (FAME member and SMS BMMA Student)
1. CineMapua 2021 is open to all college, senior & junior high school students from all universities, colleges, and high schools in the Philippines.
2. The film entry must be a narrative feature and must have an actual maximum length of 20 minutes and a minimum of 10 minutes including the credits.
3. The entry must be a live-action video or animation, in a narrative format, of any of the following genres: drama, comedy, musical, action, suspense, historical, science fiction, or adventure.
4. Films using regional dialects must have English subtitles.
5. The music or the song used in the entry must be original or must secure a permit from the original artist to use the song or music.
6. The competition has three (3) categories:
-High School Category
-All Mapúans Category
7. Collegiate Category is a category for college students from all universities & colleges in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao from January 2019 to August 2021.
8. High School Category is a category for senior and junior high school students from all universities, colleges & high schools in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao from January 2019 to August 2021.
9. All Mapúans Category is an exclusive category for Mapua college, senior high school, and master students from Intramuros campus and Makati campus from January 2019 to August 2021.
10. Student filmmakers can have a maximum of 2 film entries.
11. The film entry must be submitted in soft copy using MP4 format together with a maximum 1-minute film teaser (in soft copy, MP4 format), and film poster in 16x20 size (soft copy).
12. All requirements must be submitted online by following these steps: